The Environment and Planning Law Committee uses the collective legal skills and knowledge of our members to raise the profile of environmental and planning law issues throughout the profession and the community.
Our work includes hands-on environmental activities, community forums on environmental law issues, submission-writing and professional development seminars.
Our activities include:
- Drafting law reform submissions to government and parliament
- Delivering a diverse and tailored Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program for young lawyers and the environment and planning law profession.
- Organising Free Public Forums
- Raising money for charity at our Annual Trivia Night Extravaganza.
- Publishing a Guide to the Land and Environment Court
- Hosting guest speakers at our Committee meetings
- Publishing articles in the Lawbook Co. Local Government Law Journal
- Participating in Clean-Up Australia Day annually
- Holding our annual Environment and Planning Law Essay Competition for young lawyers and law students.
- Actively engaging in the National Environmental Law Association (NELA), the NSW Environment and Planning Law Association (EPLA), Women Lawyers Association of NSW, the Professional Environmental Women’s Association (PEWA), and the IUCN Commission on Environmental Law.
To view information about previous Committee events, please go to the events archive.