Specialist Accreditation Scheme
The Specialist Accreditation Scheme was established in 1992, offering accreditation across 14 areas of law; generally on a biannual basis.
Specialist Accreditation is a structured peer assessment process which requires the practitioner to draw on their existing knowledge and skills to demonstrate their competency in their chosen area of law.
The objective of the Specialist Accreditation Scheme is to:
- Provide the profession and the public with a reliable means of identifying practitioners with proven expertise in their chosen area of law.
- Contribute to and encourage the continued development and improvement of the standards, quality and delivery of legal services.
- Promote the advancement of legal knowledge and skills.
- Provide practitioners with the opportunity to demonstrate their expertise in their chosen area of law and to have this recognised.
If you are a member of the public and would like to know more about the Specialist Accreditation Scheme please visit For the Community
|Updates, information and materials for annual renewal. More…||2015 program areas, benefits of gaining accreditation. More…|
How to apply
|Policies, requirements and support. More…||2015 Guide to Application and Assessment, application form. More...|
|Promote your accreditation and boost your profile. More…||2015 Assessment Requirements, about the assessment process. More...|
Recognition in other states
|Have your accreditation recognised in another state. More…||Assessment Sample Kits, Q and A sessions, online candidate portal. More…|
Credit for tertiary studies
Expressions of interest
|Which educational institutes offer credit points towards course work for Accredited Specialists? More…||Submit your expression of interest to receive alerts for 2016 program information and document downloads. More…|
CPD for Accredited Specialists
|Professional development seminars for Accredited Specialists. More...|
- Specialist Accreditation Scheme
- Law Society of NSW
- 170 Phillip Street
- Sydney NSW 2000
- DX 362 Sydney
- T: (02) 9926 0305
- F: (02) 9926 0166
- E: email@example.com