Law Society Library
The Law Society Library is a practical collection of publications which aims to meet the information needs of solicitors practising in NSW. The collection includes judgments, law reports, practice books, text books and journals.
Free access is available in the Library to the internet and a number of online subscription services.
Location and opening hours
The Library is located on the first floor of the Law Society at 170 Phillip St, Sydney.
The hours of operation are 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday with entry to the Library restricted from 4:45pm. The Library is not available on public holidays.
See Using the Library for rules and conditions.
The online Library catalogue is publicly available but only solicitors with current NSW practising certificates may request to borrow.
Loans and requests for services
The following services are available:
- Photocopying and emailing
Please note the following:
- The loan period is one week. Fines may be incurred for the late return of loans.
- The minimum cost for photocopying / faxing is $25.00 (for up to 50 pages and $0.50 per page thereafter).
- A fee may be charged for the research service. Library staff will provide fee details before requests are processed.
- Postal delivery is not available to Sydney CBD addresses. DX delivery is available however, city solicitors are encouraged to attend the Library to collect loans.
- Country and suburban solicitors must provide a DX or postal address so material can be dispatched promptly. Delivery to country and suburban areas within NSW is free.