The Law Society of New South Wales Scheme
The Law Society of New South Wales Scheme (also known as the Limitation of Liability Scheme) is an exclusive service provided by the Law Society for its Solicitor Members in private practice.
It is specifically designed to enable private practice Members to limit their civil liability to selected amounts, provided they meet the Scheme’s requirements. Participation in the Scheme is renewed annually from 22 November to 21 November the following year.
Although Law Society membership makes you eligible for the Scheme, participation in the Scheme is not an automatic benefit of Law Society membership. If you wish to participate, download the Information Bulletin for more details about the Scheme, including coverage, eligibility requirements and application procedures.
- Information Bulletin on The Law Society of New South Wales Scheme
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Incorporated Legal Practices and the Scheme
- Current Scheme 2012-2017 (as from 22 November 2012)
- Former Schemes
- “Cover of Excellence” Disclosure
- General Information on Disclosure Requirements for Members of Occupational Associations
- Application for Participation or Exemption Form 2016-2017 (22 Nov 2016 - 21 Nov 2017 Scheme year)
- Application for Discretionary Higher Cap
- Application to Change Class
- Payment Form for Additional Members
- Professional Standards Act 1994 (NSW)
- Professional Standards Regulation 2014 (NSW)
- Treasury Legislation Amendment (Professional Standards) Act 2004 (Cwlth)
- The Law Society of New South Wales
- 170 Phillip Street
- Sydney NSW 2000
- DX 362 Sydney
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org