Corporate lawyers are the fastest growing segment of the profession and currently account for 20 per cent of the total profession.
NEW In-house Counsel one-day induction seminar
From May 2017 the Law Society will hold an induction day designed for solicitors new to the segment. Learn practical tips on successfully transitioning in-house from a range of experienced practitioners. The event is free of charge for Law Society members.
Solicitors should automatically receive an email to their new registered address within 3 months of transiting in-house. If this has not occurred please register your interest via email to email@example.com.
- NEW Moving In-house – all you need to know about moving in-house
- NEW Frequently Asked Questions – CPD requirements, pro bono work and ethics.
- NEW Handy hints for In-house Counsel – how to deal with ethical challenges faced by in-house lawyers
- "You'll never walk alone" – how and why to foster a spirit of collaboration as an in-house lawyer
- Independence Statement – a pro forma statement to assist corporate lawyers provide objective and impartial advice
- Guide to ethical obligations of in-house lawyers for non-lawyer colleagues – a set of slides designed to help in-house lawyers explain their ethical obligations to colleagues who are not lawyers.
- Inside In-house Legal Teams – this report sets out the findings of a survey of corporate and government lawyers working in NSW.
Your In-house Counsel Segment Manager
- Linda Cazzolli
T: 9926 0153
- Corporate Lawyers Committee
- Law Society of NSW
- 170 Phillip Street
- Sydney NSW 2000
- T: (02) 9926 0252
- E: Corporate Lawyers Committee
- International Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Forum
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- St James Ethics Centre
- Commercial Law Association of Australia
- Australian Institute of Management
- College of Law - Master of Applied Law (In-house Practice)