We monitor specialised areas of business law, such as corporate law (including takeovers), banking and finance, taxation and anti-money laundering.
Our activities centre around:
- providing a forum for the dissemination of developments in business law
- holding dialogue on all relevant business law issues
- providing submissions on proposed State and Federal amendments to business law
- facilitating and encouraging networking with other committees and professional groups
- staging of regular social events
Business Law Committee Networking Event, 9 April 2014 (Proudly sponsored by Robert Walters)
The event was an opportunity for young lawyers across different areas within business law to meet each other. It also allowed for the event host, Robert Walters, a recruitment firm specialising in legal careers, to provide information about the legal jobs market and give some insights into life as inhouse counsel from their own staff.