The NSW Young Lawyers Mentoring Program connects lawyers seeking guidance and support with a more experienced practitioner who is willing to volunteer their time and energy to the professional development of another lawyer.
To ensure Mentors and Mentees forge mutually beneficial relationships, our program offers:
Compatibility be linked with someone with shared interests, experience or practice area
Confidentiality high value placed on trust, honesty and openness
Impartiality talk to a lawyer outside your immediate work environment
Empathy learn from someone who understands what you're going through
Flexibility choose how and when to interact and what you will discuss
Support access to resources and information workshops
Applications are now open for the 2017 NSW Young Lawyers Mentoring Program.
Register Now to be a Mentor or Mentee.
Who can apply?
- 5 years or more as a practising lawyer
- Member or Associate Member of the Law Society NSW
Mentee eligibility (one of the following):
- 2 - 5 years experience
- Up to the age of 36 years
- NSW Young Lawyers member or Associate Member of the Law Society NSW
- Have not previously participated as a Mentee in the NSW Young Lawyers Mentoring program
Applications open - Friday 10 March
Applications close - Friday 15 June
Matches advised - Thursday 13 July
Program launch event - Thursday 27 July
Program launch webinar - Monday 31 July
Progress review meeting - Thursday 23 November
Progress review webinar - Monday 27 November
Program close - Thursday 12 July 2018
- $50 (inc GST) (Mentees only)*
- Payment must be made on application
- Mentors are volunteers - they are not paid and there is no fee for their participation
*As part of the Law Society of NSW Reconciliation Action Plan the fee will be waived for Indigenous applicants.
NSW Young Lawyers has partnered with Art of Mentoring to deliver best practice mentoring techniques and support to all Mentees and Mentors in the program. If you are interested in Mentoring opportunitie for your law firm, please contact us here for more information on the resources, technologies and services available through Art of Mentoring and The Law Society of New South Wales.
- NSW Young Lawyers
- T: 02 9926 0182
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org