Financial Planning Workshops
The Law Society is seeking expressions of interest from members who would like a free half-day financial planning workshop, entitled Business Essentials For Challenging Times, to be organised in their local area.
The workshop, which was successfully piloted in Wollongong, Penrith and Sydney throughout 2009, has been designed to assist solicitors in identifying and managing key financial pressures within a practice.
The workshop covers the following key areas, providing practical tools to apply back to your practice.
- The recent economic crisis and key themes impacting on practices in challenging times.
- How successful practices not only survive, but thrive in today’s environments.
- Key lessons on how to ensure your business remains viable not only today, but into the future.
- Compassion fatigue – keeping up your morale, so you can maintain or even improve staff morale.
- Turning the spotlight on the major profit drivers in your practice.
- Revenue generation and management – long-term stability versus short-term survival.
- Managing your cashflow – identifying viable funding sources and actively managing the bank balance.
- Revenue collection – approaches for collection and focus.
- Managing expenses – cost types and behaviors.
- Managing creditors – maximising the spread between debtor collection and creditor payment terms.
- Staff essentials – who sells, who earns, who administers?
- Reporting – the survivor’s essentials.
Offered in association with the Financial Planning Association of Australia, and with engagement from Regional Law Societies, Business Essentials For Challenging Times is an adjunct to the Law Society’s Mental Health & Wellbeing Program.
Expressions of interest
If you would like to attend a Business Essentials For Challenging Times workshop, send an email to email@example.com, which includes your name, phone number, return email address and the region in which you pratise.