The Law Society of New South Wales Scheme
The Law Society of New South Wales Scheme (also known as the Limitation of Liability Scheme) is an exclusive service provided by the Law Society for its Members.
It is specifically designed to enable private practice Members to limit their civil liability to selected amounts, provided they meet the Scheme’s requirements.
Download the Information Bulletin for more details about the Scheme, including coverage, eligibility and requirements and application procedures.
- Information on The Law Society of New South Wales Scheme
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Current Scheme 2012-2017 (as from 22 November 2012)
- Former Schemes
- “Cover of Excellence” Disclosure
- Incorporated Legal Practices and the Scheme
- General Information for Members of Occupational Associations
- Application/Exemption Form 2012-2013
- Application for a Higher Cap (s.4.1 discretion)
- Application to Change Class
- Professional Standards Act 1994 (NSW)
- Professional Standards Regulation 2009 (NSW)
- Treasury Legislation Amendment (Professional Standards) Act 2004 (Cwlth)
- The Law Society of New South Wales
- 170 Phillip Street
- Sydney NSW 2000
- DX 362 Sydney
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org