Benefits for members
As a member of the Law Society of New South Wales, you join over 23,000 solicitors in the largest and most influential legal professional association in Australia. With members drawn from all regions and areas of practice, we are a genuinely representative body.
Our members support the Society in fulfilling its wide-ranging duties to both the legal profession and community; for a succinct statement of these see Our role.
In addition, members gain access to exclusive benefits designed to support your practice, help you influence legal debate and keep you connected to the broader profession.
Benefits exclusive to members include the following.
- Discounts on Continuing Legal Education seminars and podcasts
- Recognition for your expertise through our Specialist Accreditation Scheme
- Practice and office management training for both solicitors and support staff
- Professional skills - a full CPD program covering essential professional skills
Research and informational support
- Free subscription to the Law Society Journal valued at $195 per year
- Full search and view of the Journal's online archives dating back to 1995, and access to a range of newsletters targeted at your segment of the profession, as well as Monday Briefs and Caveat archives
- Online access to the Library catalogue and request services
- Preferential pricing and benefits offered by over 20 organisations through our Member Connexions and Practice Connexions programs.
- Discounts on many items from the Law Society Shop, including publications
- One-to-one assistance with legal matters from our Practice Department's Legal Enquiry Service
- Protection for your practice by limiting your civil liability to selected amounts
- An online knowledge portal for small firms and sole practitioners
- Information on buying, valuing and selling a practice, and a confidential advertising service
- The use of Visiting Solicitors Rooms on the Law Society premises, ideal for practitioners visiting Sydney.
- Use of the 'Member of the Law Society' logo to promote your practice
Networking and policy development
- The ability to impact state and federal legislation by serving on one of our policy committees and taskforces.
- Discounts on a range of Law Society networking events
These are just a selection of the total services available to our members. For example, members may also access advice on general legal, ethics, costs and compliance issues, obtain personal support in need, participate in community schemes such as Pro Bono and the Speakers Bureau, and get involved (if eligible) in NSW Young Lawyers.
- Law Society of NSW
- 170 Phillip Street
- Sydney NSW 2000
- DX 362 Sydney
- T: (02) 9926 0333
- F: (02) 9231 5809
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org