Specialist Accreditation Program
The Specialist Accreditation Board has confirmed that the below areas of law will be offered as part of the 2017 Specialist Accreditation Program:
- Business Law
- Children's Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Property Law
- Wills & Estates
Practitioners interested in applying for the 2017 program should fill out the Expression of Interest form to receive key documentation and information as it becomes available.
For more information see How to Apply.
What is accreditation?
The Law Society of NSW operates the Specialist Accreditation Program to help the general public and profession identify solicitors who have demonstrated expertise in a particular area of law. The program allows practitioners to have their knowledge and skills in a particular area of law assessed and formally recognised as expert.
Solicitors who fulfil the requirements of the Program are entitled to use, after their name, the words ‘Accredited Specialist’ in the nominated area of practice.
Only individual solicitors can be Accredited Specialists, not firms.
Why become an Accredited Specialist?
Gaining accreditation is a significant achievement which offers practitioners a recognised means of differentiation and demonstrated expertise.
In an increasingly complex and competitive market, the expertise and professionalism which forms the cornerstone of Specialist Accreditation remains an easily identifiable choice for consumers of legal services.
Accreditation provides practitioners with the opportunity to:
- Promote and highlight expert legal knowledge, skills and services for the public and the profession
- Build new and strengthen existing relationships with peers
- Support and continued learning and development with access to CPD for Accredited Specialists
- Maintain standards and contribute to the future of the profession by joining a Specialist Accreditation advisory committee.
Hear what newly Accredited Specialists have to say:
- Specialist Accreditation Program
- The Law Society of NSW
- 170 Phillip Street
- Sydney NSW 2000
- DX 362 Sydney
- T: (02) 9926 0305
- F: (02) 9926 0166
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org